Schinias – Naturalism and Birdwatching
Dear fellow cyclists,
We are delighted to announce that we have organized another club ride for this coming Saturday, March 18th. This ride will take us to the biodiverse wetlands of Schinias near Marathonas, and will focus on the exciting world of birdwatching, which is in line with our team’s nature-loving character.
We will begin our ride near the Greek rowing track and follow the road that leads to the freshwater ecosystem, which is home to a multitude of avian species. During the ride, we will have the unique opportunity to explore local routes, investigate and identify birds as we go, and, of course, ride our bikes with the assistance of our birdwatching guide, Dimitris.
We believe that this experience will be a one-of-a-kind opportunity for everyone looking to escape the urban environment and get to know a natural paradise so close to the city. For those who require it, we will provide E-bikes, and the distance covered will be approximately 25 km, with our guides accompanying us along the way.
Cost: 50 euro / person
Cosa è incluso
- Snacks along the road
- Supporto del veicolo
- Shuttle from Athens to Marathon Region
- File GPX per la tua unità GPS
- Road / E bike Hire: + 30 euros (please send us your height details in cm)
Using the above link you can book your spot latest by Friday 17th of March
Join our Club
Code of conduct
- Durante la corsa, ogni ciclista dovrebbe cavalcare come se fosse da solo, rispettando tutte le regole e le segnalazioni di circolazione stradale
- All cyclists should be in a position to be self sufficient (e.g. change a tude, indexing the gears). Also our group ethics expect the riders to act civilized (zero tolerance if they litter the environment) and promote the good conduct of this ride. Competition schemes are not welcomed.
- I nostri veicoli saranno vicini al gruppo di guida e forniranno supporto o supporto meccanico ai termini migliori.
Perché tutto in inglese?
Πολλά από τα μέλη μας προέρχονται από το εξωτερικό και για λόγους ευγένειας, τιμώντας την Ελληνική Φιλοξενία, αποφασίσαμε να έχουμε σαν επίσημη γλώσσα τα αγγλικά.
Είμαστε όλοι μια παρέα, ας μην αφήσουμε τη γλώσσα να είναι εμπόδιο.
Ευχαριστούμε για την κατανόηση.
Il nostro giorno
Saturday 18th of March
08:30 – Pickup Voula – Map (https://goo.gl/maps/8pBmAWfzA7qsYxqr5 )
09:00 – Syntagma / Vas. Sofias – Map (https://goo.gl/maps/rkej5oVUuBAGN4KWA )
10:30 – Marathonas – Start
13:45 – Marathonas Tomb – Finish
14:00 – Optional coffee
14:15 – Shuttle back