The Best Cyclades Can Offer
We are thrilled to extend to you a cordial invitation to join us on our next cycling excursion, which will take place on March 5th in the magnificent Andros Island. Andros is the second island we will visit by bike, situated at the northernmost end of the Cyclades archipelago, boasting a vast area, second only to Naxos, covering 380 sq. km. To reach Andros, you will need to start from the port of Rafina, passing by the renowned Cavo Doro, just 6 nautical miles away from Evia and less than 1 nautical mile from Tinos.
Andros hosts one of the most challenging sailing races in the Aegean, which culminates in the island’s capital, the charming Chora. In Chora, we will encounter the splendid square of the Unknown Sailor, the “Kato Kastro,” and the imposing Tourlitis lighthouse, all worth a visit for a break and rest.
Our cycling journey in Andros will encompass 105 kilometers and 2100 meters of altitude, covering a stunning route adorned with delightful scents and landscapes. The itinerary is replete with cultural landmarks, captivating aromas, and pristine natural surroundings. We will pass through the cosmopolitan Batsi, a fishing village in Andros, Paleopolis, the island’s ancient capital, Pitrofos, featuring the Elia Museum, Mesaria, with its several tower houses, and the Mainitos springs, where we can refill our water bottles with pure and fresh water. Additionally, we will traverse Gavrio, the port of Andros, as well as many other villages that will leave us awe-struck.
Despite taking a brief pause for coffee and snacks in one of Andros’s charming villages, we will have ample time for a satisfying meal to recharge our energy after the demanding kilometers. We highly recommend trying the Andros fruity omelet, an exquisite culinary delight that will surely impress you.
Cost: 160 euro / person
Wat zit erbij
- Accommodation Double / Separate Beds
- Dinner (Mar, 4th), Breakfast (Mar, 5th)
- Ferry Ticket
- Snacks along the road
- Voertuig ondersteuning
- Shuttle Services to / from Rafina
- GPX-bestanden voor uw GPS-eenheid
- Road / E bike Hire: + 20 euros (please send us your height details in cm)
- Single Supplment +e30
Using the above link you can book your spot latest by Thursday 2nd of March
Join our Club
Code of conduct
- Tijdens de rit moet elke fietser rijden alsof hij alleen staat, met inachtneming van alle verkeersregels en borden op de weg
- All cyclists should be in a position to be self sufficient (e.g. change a tude, indexing the gears). Also our group ethics expect the riders to act civilized (zero tolerance if they litter the environment) and promote the good conduct of this ride. Competition schemes are not welcomed.
- Onze voertuigen staan dicht bij de rij-groep en bieden overdracht of mechanische ondersteuning op de best mogelijke manier.
Waarom alles in het Engels?
Πολλά από τα μέλη μας προέρχονται από το εξωτερικό και για λόγους ευγένειας, τιμώντας την Ελληνική Φιλοξενία, αποφασίσαμε να έχουμε σαν επίσημη γλώσσα τα αγγλικά.
Είμαστε όλοι μια παρέα, ας μην αφήσουμε τη γλώσσα να είναι εμπόδιο.
Ευχαριστούμε για την κατανόηση.
Saturday 4th of March
Pick up and shuttle to Rafina Port
14.00 – Pickup from Athens Beach side (kaart)
14.30 – Pick up from Sygrou Avenue (kaart)
15.00 – Pick up from Athens Center (kaart)
15.30 – Pick up from Palinni (kaart)
16.15 – 16.45 – Arrival in Rafina
17.30 – Ferry to Andros
19.30 – Arrival in Andros
Settle at the Hotel and Glorious Dinner
Sunday 5th of March
Pick up and shuttle to Rafina Port
07.30 – 08.30 – Breakfast – Pickup from Athens Beach side (kaart)
09.00 – Ride Begins TWO RIDE OPTIONS
Coffe Break in Andros Town
14.00 – Ride Completion and lunch optional (not included)
15.30 – Ferry to Rafina
Shuttle Back to Athens