Leonidio Awaits: Join Our Scenic Cycling Journey Through Tradition and Nature
Our club rides are making a comeback, and this year, we’re exploring some fantastic new places. There’s something for all – from relaxed seaside rides to adventurous treks through ancient forests.
Our first stop is Leonidio, a Tsakonian village nestled between two towering mountains. It’s a perfect spot for cyclists, climbers, and anyone who loves nature. This place is really pretty and attracts people from all over. Thanks to the Dafnon River, the local farms grow tasty stuff like the famous Tsakonian Eggplant. It’s super sweet and a must-try.
On our first day, you’ll take a beautiful ride along the east coast of the Peloponnese.The route will be right next to the sea, so you’ll have amazing views of the blue water the whole time. The fresh sea air will keep you cool as you ride. You will pass by different beaches – some with soft golden sand and others with tiny pebbles. They’re perfect for a quick break to enjoy the view and take some photos. The road is mostly flat and easy, with just a few small hills, so it’s a relaxing ride. As you get close to Leonidio in the afternoon, they will be enough time to explore the village and try some tasty local food.
Day two is all about exploring new heights as you head towards Kosmas village. The climb is longer but manageable, perfect for those who enjoy a bit of a challenge. Along the way, you’ll notice a change in scenery – different types of trees and plants, unique to the higher altitude. It’s a beautiful change of pace from the coastal views. Your reward for the climb is the quaint village square in Kosmas, framed by three large sycamore trees, offering a peaceful spot to relax and soak in the accomplishment.
Both routes are peaceful and far from busy traffic, making them great for both easygoing and dedicated riders. You can take them at your own speed and really enjoy the experience. We can’t wait to share these wonderful rides with you!
Cost: 210 euro / person
What is included
- 1 x Night Accommodation
- 1 x Dinner Meal
- 2 x Lunch
- Snacks along the road
- Vehicle Support
- Shuttle from Athens to the starting point and back
- GPX files for your GPS-unit
- Collection of your bike 1 day prior of the trip
- Road / E bike Hire: + €70 (please send us your height details in cm)
- Arrangements for non cycling members – bring the family and friends along
- Single Supplement: + €50 (paid in cash)
Using the above link you can book your spot latest by Tuesday, 30 January
Code of conduct
- During the ride, each cyclist should ride like being on their own, respecting all the road circulations rules and signs
- All cyclists should be in a position to be self sufficient (e.g. change a tube, indexing the gears). Also our group ethics expect the riders to act civilized (zero tolerance if they litter the environment) and promote the good conduct of this ride. Competition schemes are not welcomed.
- Our vehicles will be close to the riding group and will provide transfer or mechanical support on best endeavors terms.
Why everything in English?
Πολλά από τα μέλη μας προέρχονται από το εξωτερικό και για λόγους ευγένειας, τιμώντας την Ελληνική Φιλοξενία, αποφασίσαμε να έχουμε σαν επίσημη γλώσσα τα αγγλικά.
Είμαστε όλοι μια παρέα, ας μην αφήσουμε τη γλώσσα να είναι εμπόδιο.
Ευχαριστούμε για την κατανόηση.
Friday, 2 February
PM Hours – Bike Collection (we will contact you to arrange an appoint so that we collect your bike)
Saturday, 3 February
08:30 – Meet up at Doukissis Plakentias metro station (map)
08:45 – Shuttle to Kiveri. Estimated arrival time 11:15
11:30 – Start riding to Leonidio. Estimated arrival time 14:30
14:30 – Estimated arrival and check in to our accommodation
Sunday, 4 February
07:30 – Breakfast
09:30 – Start riding to Kosmas village
12:00 – Estimated arrival at Kosmas
13:30 – Start riding back to Leonidio
14:45 – Estimated arrival at Leonidio
16:00 – Shuttle to Doukissis Plakentias metro station. Estimated arrival time 19:30
19:30 – Estimated arrival at Doukissis Plakentias metro station