Vouliagmeni Lagoon: simply a wonderful ride
At GR Cycling, we’re always on the hunt for new and exciting cycling routes to add to our laid-back weekend rides. We’d rather spend more time on our bikes than in the car, so we’ve crafted a route that’s less than an hour from Athens, where you’ll find a mix of terrains for a memorable ride.
Your journey kicks off in Pachi, a charming little fishing village close to Megara city. After a nice cup of coffee, you hop on your bikes and start a gentle climb to our first peak of the day. The path is peaceful, taking us through vineyards and olive groves. As you get closer to the top, a lush forest changes up the scenery.
After a speedy descent, you’re met with a view of the Corinthian Gulf, and you mostly stick to the coast as you ride. You’ll eventually reach a hidden gem that not everyone knows about – Vouliagmeni Lake and the remains of an ancient settlement, just a few kilometers away. In the summer, its sandy beach is perfect for swimming and hanging out with family and friends. In the winter, it’s a peaceful escape from the city’s hustle and bustle.
The last part of the route takes you back to Loutraki city, where you’’ll park our bikes and have plenty of time to enjoy a tasty meal and explore the city on foot.
Cost: 90 euro / person
What is included
- 1 x Lunch
- Snacks along the road
- Vehicle Support
- Shuttle from Athens to the starting point and back
- GPX files for your GPS-unit
- Road / E bike Hire: + 50 euros (please send us your height details in cm)
Using the above link you can book your spot later by Thursday 15th of February
Code of conduct
- During the ride, each cyclist should ride like being on their own, respecting all the road circulations rules and signs
- All cyclists should be in a position to be self sufficient (e.g. change a tude, indexing the gears). Also our group ethics expect the riders to act civilized (zero tolerance if they litter the environment) and promote the good conduct of this ride. Competition schemes are not welcomed.
- Our vehicles will be close to the riding group and will provide transfer or mechanical support on best endeavors terms.
Why everything in English?
Πολλά από τα μέλη μας προέρχονται από το εξωτερικό και για λόγους ευγένειας, τιμώντας την Ελληνική Φιλοξενία, αποφασίσαμε να έχουμε σαν επίσημη γλώσσα τα αγγλικά.
Είμαστε όλοι μια παρέα, ας μην αφήσουμε τη γλώσσα να είναι εμπόδιο.
Ευχαριστούμε για την κατανόηση.
Sunday, 18 February
08:30 – Meet up at Doukissis Plakentias Metro Station (map)
09:00 – Shuttle to Pachi, estimated arrival time 9:45
10:30 – Start riding to Loutraki. Estimated arrival time 15:00
15:00 – Estimated arrival at Loutraki
18:00 – Shuttle to Doukissis Plakentias Metro Station. Estimated arrival time 19:15